The Monroe Chamber of Commerce currently has the following Administrative Assistant position available to be filled by an energetic, community minded and well organized individual.
Core Hours: Monday-Friday and select evenings and weekends for Chamber of Commerce Events. Approx. 20-25 hours per week
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: In support of the executive director, the administrative assistant will handle most day-to-day functions of the Monroe Chamber of Commerce with a focus on volunteer relations, planning and implementing day of activities for chamber sponsored events. Maintain accurate membership records and financial transactions and bookkeeping. Social media and website publication.
It will be the responsibility of this position to professionally represent The Monroe Chamber of Commerce in assisting with marketing tasks, as well as preparing reports for the executive director, general office duties, assisting the public with inquiries. And other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, and Skills: Required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient in Excel, word, outlook and publisher
- Event planning and management experience
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively with members
- Experience with design and layout of public relations materials such as brochures, newsletters, websites, and press releases.
- Must have valid driver’s license, personal vehicle, safe driving record, and current auto insurance.
- Accounting practice knowledge and experience in Quick books is a bonus
A Highly qualified Candidate will possess:
- A background in hospitality or tourism.
- Be familiar with the City of Monroe and the area businesses.
- Is capable of learning and demonstrates a positive approach to taking on new responsibilities.
Application Process: To receive full consideration, send the following No later than February 1:
- Cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest in this position
- Resume, including related education, professional work history and volunteer experience.
- Professional references
Monroe Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Executive Director
1505 9th Street
Monroe, WI 53566
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org