COVID-19 Checklist for Garage Sales and Outdoor Retail Sales
Protecting Against COVID-19
We strongly recommend that people take the following actions when having and/or attending these sales.
- Practice social distancing by doing the following:
- Place posters encouraging social distancing for customers to see upon arrival and while shopping.
- Set up tables and chairs at least within 6 feet apart.
- Use heavy-duty tape to form a flow for customers to follow throughout the sale.
- Ask customers to stand in a line, while spread apart, during a high traffic times.
- Clean all tables and chairs several times throughout the day.
- Make sure all merchandise is washed and dried and/or wiped down with a disinfectant product before placing on a table or chair for sale.
- Wipe down all tables and chairs using disinfectant at the end of the day or in the morning before the next day of the sale starts.
- Wear masks during the sale.
- Have hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol on tables and other places for customers to use.