Turner Hall of Monroe

  • TurnerHall1
  • TurnerHall2

Hub Category: Food & Beverage and Venues

  • Profile

    Steeped in the Swiss traditions and history of south-central Wisconsin, the Turner Hall of Monroe is a non-profit 501(c)(3) center of Swiss heritage and community activities. Established in 1868, it is believed to be the only Turner Hall of Swiss origin left in the United States, and is likewise one of the oldest, continuously-running Swiss entities in this country. The building, a Swiss Emmenthal-style chalet designed by German architect Max Hanisch, is listed on both the National and State Registers of Historic Places and is handicapped-accessible.

    An authentic Old World Ratskeller Restaurant, an elegant Grand Hall with the area’s largest wooden floor, and a “retro” 8-lane Family Bowling facility are all part of the Turner Hall of Monroe. Its Swiss Heritage Series features an annual line-up of programs, concerts and events that perpetuate and nurture all things Swiss.

  • Photos
  • Map

    No Records Found

    Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.

    Google Map Not Loaded

    Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.