Title: Member and Community Resource Assistant
Key areas of responsibility
- Field Questions from Visitors and Callers
- Research Community Resources and points of interest
- Update Chamber Of Commerce Website with relevant information
- Answer phones professionally
- Send out relocation packets and record Visitor and Promotion requests
- Attend Monroe Chamber events to record content for social media platforms
- Keep tourism and community resources supplied and up to date
- Assist with Golf Outing and other projects as assigned.
Visitor and promotion:
- Become the first point of contact for visitors to our community
- Tabulate types of visitor inquiries and types of support provided
- Become Community Events and resources subject matter expert
- Responsible for content updates to the Chamber of Commerce Website.
- Identify and provide written recommendations for functionality changes to the chamber of commerce website.
- Establish and document standard formats for social media platforms
Assist chamber members in utilizing membership benefits and services
- Provide instructions for the self-service segment of the chamber of commerce website.
- Assist with social media marketing for members and their events
- Attend Member events, Business After 5, classes and ribbon cutting ceremonies
Term of Internship: May– September 2019 $11/hour; 240 hours with a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Required: Pursuing a degree in business, marketing or hospitality field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in instruction and interpersonal skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Suite, Photoshop or other graphics software
- Familiar with performing website updates, knowledge of WordPress
- Commitment to upholding the mission of the Monroe Chamber of Commerce
- Preferred: Experience in event planning or fundraising efforts
Submit your Resume and Letter of Interest no later than February 28, 2019, to:
Melissa Even, Executive Director, Monroe Chamber of Commerce
1505 9th Street Monroe, WI, 53566