Position Title: Events and Administrative Coordinator
The Monroe Chamber of Commerce and Industry currently has an opportunity to join our team. This part-time position will be responsible for events and administrative coordination duties for MCCI. You will be the first impression visitors and callers receive from our organization, As a member of our team you will partner closely with the executive director, the board of directors and ambassadors.
Event Coordination Essential Responsibilities
- Coordinate venues, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, coordinate event materials.
- Prepare invitations, rsvp list, sponsorships, invoicing, etc. f
- Coordinate marketing materials for events with the Executive Director.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Coordinate on-site production and cleanup for events
- Prepare and distribute all event materials
- Track event attendance and expenses. Adhere to approved budget expectations
- Conduct post event activities
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Financial Coordination Essential Responsibilities
- Perform accurate recordkeeping for the organization.
- Maintain membership database information
- Ensure proper cash management, timely and accurate accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist preparing financial reports and audit.
- Enter and maintain all financial activities into QuickBooks and Chamber Master
- Administer payroll and employee benefits.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Administer Monroe Money, issue checks and record keeping.
- Part-time, 20-25 hour per week hourly position
- $15-18 per hour based upon the candidate’s experience
- Flexible hours with occasional evenings
- Must have a clean driving record and access to reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Close attention to detail.
- An engaging personality and knowledge of the Monroe community.
- Experience working with the public in a professional office environment.
- An associate degree in business administration or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PP
- Experience with Payroll and bookkeeping in QuickBooks online version
Exceptional candidates would possess
- Experience with WordPress, graphics creation software
- Understanding of marketing and B2B social media campaigns
Send cover letter and resume to MCCI by Friday January 20, 2023